- Computer Games Magazine
How to Play Oasis
- You are the future Scarab King. Your father, the Falcon King, has been murdered. Egypt has plunged into chaos, and an evil fog has covered your father's empire.
- Using your magical staff, you will lift the fog and rebuild the empire. Your followers will flock to you and obey your commands.
- You will discover cities, build roads, and develop new technologies.
- Your goal is to seek out the Oasis and the Obelisk it contains, and to protect it from the barbarian hordes.
- Once your presence in a kingdom is discovered, you have a limited number of turns before the barbarian horde arrives. Spend your turns wisely, develop your kingdom carefully, or watch the barbarian hordes smash it to rubble!
- If your kingdom survives with the Obelisk intact, you will be able to retrieve its Glyph, and the power to restore order to the land. Earn twelve Glyphs from twelve different levels, and you will have the power to restore the empire, dispel the fog forever, and become the Scarab King.
Your First Game
The best way to learn to play Oasis is to play! Click “Play Oasis,” and let the tutorial guide you through every aspect of the game. You’ll be retrieving Glyphs and fending off Barbarians in no time!
Playing a Level
- Each level of Oasis is a 10x10 grid of squares. Every legal move consists of clicking on a square.
- You are represented by the Scarab King icon. You start on the edge of the map, in the only desert square not covered by the fog.
- At the start of each level, you have 85 turns to spend. Every legal move consumes one turn.